LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

Sunday, October 13, 2013

October 13, 2013 in Bacolod

Family, thank you so much for all your emails. It really makes me happy to know that you're all doing so well and my prayers are being answered from my Heavenly Father. Dad hope you got the email about the shirts, just go 18 on all to be safe. And any color of ties, doesn't matter, my ties right now are just getting old and thrashed up. Thanks so much! I got new pants, and got my shoes put in today so i really appreciate it. I'm so glad you all got to watch conference, I'm so excited for next week. As you know we get it a week late here in the Philippines, so this weekend is the big day! I'm so excited to receive revelation, especially for what more i can do to improve myself as His servant.

This last week just blazed by, Elder Peralta and I gave trainings in our mission leadership council with the zone leaders, and the Sister training leaders. It's such a blessing, all these missionaries really know and understand their purpose, and it's such an uplifting experience to stand up in front of them and share things the Spirit has taught me. We trained on harnessing the power of the members, as we all know that's the only way to hasten the work of salvation. It was very great and edifying. We really gotta help the missionaries out as members with preparing our friends and loved ones to hear the Gospel, through small and simple things are great things brought to pass!

I gotta keep this one short because we have some work to do, but I just wanted to share my testimony of the sacrament. Last week was just another killer one, I felt how weak I am as a person, and how much i really need to rely on the merits, mercy, and grace of the Lord. Countless times i found myself on my knees pleading for forgiveness for the things that i do and don't do that hinder the Lord's work. Then came sunday, and we were waiting for the sacrament. When i lifted my head up from the prayer, and saw the priesthood holder approaching me with the bread, i felt my soul hunger. Like Enos, I literally felt a scream inside me that needed to be filled. I remembered all the mistakes i had done, and the things that i needed to improve on and do more.. i felt like i was going to jump i was so excited and anxious to take those sacred emblems. Then when i partook of the bread, and water, i really did feel those holes inside of me be filled through the Holy Spirit of Promise. It was the most wonderful and uplifting experience i've had at a sacrament meeting, and it increased my testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and the Restoration of His Gospel. I know that authority was restored through a living prophet, and because of the eternal sacrifice of the Atonement, i have a chance to renew my covenants with Him every week. How wonderful. I know if we prepare ourselves and keep ourselves worthy to partake of the sacrament every week, we can progress as we let the Atonement work with us. This church is true. We will continue to progress as people as we follow Jesus Christ and His teachings. I love you family, keep enduring till you reach the tree of life, then share that wonderful fruit!

Elder Doane

No comments:

Post a Comment