LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

Sunday, January 13, 2013

January 13, 2013


Family!

Thanks so much for all the emails, made me so happy! Sorry I can't send individual ones today i got a few things to do and not much time. Demi your talk was AMAZING! I'm printing it and maybe I can share part of it in my lessons to people. :) Great job baby girl, you're growing up and me and dad don't like it. You better not be talking to boys, I'm gonna give em a wedgie if you are. Drake I can't wait to see all those movies bud, it's gonna be qfl! Mom thanks so much for your email, yeah last week really was great! I got all the ear stuff taken care of, they're nice and clean! I went and they washed em out with the cyringe thing. Dad thanks so much for all the good news, so good to hear about everyone. I got grandmas package! Ill try to send her an email saying thanks, it was THE BEST! THe rings, the kids just flip out over them. Also the shoes are awesome, I haven't worn them in yet im debating when to. THey're so awesome though! And all the candy and stuff too, thanks so much grandma! Yeah haven't gotten the other packages yet! But hey, line upon line, package upon package. No worries, it will come. DAVE AND JALEE ARE DATING?! I had no idea! I'm sooooo happy for dave and her! I love Jalee, she'd be the best sister in law ever. I don't know, I'm not able to communicate with Klay? So i'm not sure what happened there.. ? I'm stoked though, good for them. Funny we actually just had an area broadcast about the YSA needing to get themselves in gear and get married in the temple. Wow yeah all those missionaries coming and going, craziness. I can't believe how fast the time goes. Hope you like the pictures, yep, i'm gaining weight! We actually just ate at a family's house for lunch, sooo much food. Rice and sud-an (rice topping) is my new favorite. Chicken Adobo, like chicken in this real good sauce, is my favorite sud-an. I eat tons of it. Later we're just gonna buy groceries and head home and clean up, write some letters. I don't really write as much as i did before.. it's hard sometimes to find time.

This last week was kind of a struggle! We spent lots of time at the hospital taking care of my ear thing and Elder got a tooth pulled too, that was a blast. But we still managed to have some success! The Delgado family is doing alright, but sister has work on Sundays! It's really a bummer, so hopefully as she keeps reading in the Book of Mormon she will change. We also found Bruce this week. Bruce is actually a former investigator who moved away. but now he's back and he actually was just married to a returned missionary in our ward. Bruce committed to baptism on february 16, we are also trying to help him overcome a word of wisdom problem, but the amazing thing is, is that he's being doing it all on his own! He's working really hard and has a plan to lose it completely, its amazing what the Gospel does to people. ALso Brother Jem received the priesthood sunday! He was ordained a priest, we're so happy for him. Other than that, not much more news, we're doing our best though! This next week hopefully we'll have much more success.

This last week I had the oppurtunity to attend a Family History fireside, wow how amazing that was. Also read a talk from last conference from Elder Richard G Scott about family history, and oh boy was i smacked with the stick of repentance. I never realized how important family history is! We have the oppurtunity to bring people the saving ordinances of the Gospel who are waiting on the other side for us! It's missionary work! And before my mission i completely neglected it. Grandma Doane is the best example, and when i get back i will for sure fulfill my priesthood duty of doing family history work. I challenge you to do the same, and take those names to the temple! I read in 2nd Nephi chapter 25 verse 23 and 26.. it shows us the whole reason why the prophets took the time to record their times. To convince their children to believe in the Christ, to persuade them to come unto Him and live His Gospel, so that they could feel those same blessings that they were experiencing! How cool huh? They took all that time to write down and record those things so that we could all come unto Christ, to recieve eternal life and become like our Father in Heaven. If we go a day without spending time in the scriptures we are neglecting the sacrifice that was made on our behalf. I love this work! Building up the kingdom of God is the greatest thing i've gotten to do, and will keep doing till the end. I love you all, hope you're all great.

Elder Doane

No comments:

Post a Comment