LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 14,2013

Hey family,

Thank you for your emails, it sounds like you all had a good time over in Cali. 115? That sounds scorching! I don't know how I'm going to bear that, I'm so used to rain here in the Phillies I'll probably die back there at home! But I'm glad you all had a good time. Sounds like the Dave Dem and Drake are all staying busy as well even if it's summer, that's good. Haha moms letters are so awesome! Does she know she's typing in all caps every email? Haha, but I really love them, thanks so much mom for your inspiring words. I don't need anything, doing well! I'm good on shoes, I actually got some from a previous missionary who went home, I use them for my dress shoes on sundays. Its a real blessing from the Lord!

Wow the work is so challenging/rewarding. This really is God's work you know, His work and His glory! We are really trying to work through the members here in Manapla, we really have a great hope that through the Book of Mormon we can soften their hearts to help them have a desire to share the Gospel. We have seen many successes with it so far, we received one really solid referral last week that has great potential to be baptized! Her name is Michelle, she's 18, and she's a studying secretary in college. She's very learned as well. The first lesson we taught her we just really focused on how to begin teaching in Preach My Gospel, asking her questions and listening to what's important to her life. The Spirit was so present in that lesson. As she shared her feelings with us, we took what she said and testified of Gospel truths she highlighted, and just added on to what she knew with the message of the Restoration, especially focusing on the Book of Mormon. She said she is so excited to learn and understand more about the Book of Mormon, she also has a less active cousin he said she is going to return back to the church too just to help Michelle gain a testimony. How cool no? Heavenly Father really does prepare ways for His children to come back to Him.

I really have a testimony of asking questions and listening. Lots of times we have things we want to teach, we're so excited to just let it out of our mouths and expect everyone to listen to us. But first, we must show others how much we care about them, by asking questions, and listening, really finding out whats important to them first, and then out of pure love, we can take those Gospel truths that they are already familiar with from the pre existence, and add unto them with our unique message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We must teach others the way Christ did, through love. That is the way we will build our house on that rock, the sure foundation of our Redeemer who is Christ. If we stick to our own knowledge and wisdom, we will surely fall, just like the foolish man who built his house upon the sand. Primary songs are the best huh? They really do testify of eternal truths. Well family I know the Book of Mormon is true. I have seen it's power, and am still witnessing it to this day. As it changes my life, and the lives of others, I'm gaining a stronger testimony of it every single day, and through that, I'm gaining a greater testimony of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and through that, I'm gaining a greater testimony of our church, the one and only true church upon this earth. How blessed are we! Keep the work going family, pray for opportunities to share the Gospel, and they will be given unto you. Give referrals to the missionaries! They need you! The Lord needs you. I love you so much, thank you so much for all your love and support, you guys are the best family i could ever ask for.

Elder Doane 

No comments:

Post a Comment