LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013

Hello Family! Thank you so much for all of your emails. I was so uplifted by the things you shared with me, especially the pictures and drake's email. Happy anniversary mom and dad! And hopefully mom you got my birthday email? Happy birthday just incase! The shirts, ties, and socks, should be just fine for that box, Could you send 2 long sleeves? Mine is getting old. Size 18 neck would be good, just to be safe. If its too big ill get it fixed.

This last week was so great. We had zone conference, with about 200 other missionaries! Elder Peralta and I got to attend both sessions, and got to give trainings in each as well. I just love being up in the front of so many people sharing my testimony, i really hope i can get into CES when i get back. That's my dream job now, to become an institute teacher. If not, maybe to get into elementary school teaching or something, i just love teaching! We'll see what i have in store for the future.

This last week i really learned as well about my need as a missionary to repent. Whenever Elder Peralta and I work, we make mistakes. Just like all of us do. But lately, i've really been noticing those little mistakes i've been making, and sincerely repenting for them. The Lord has really extended his hand to me through that repentance. He has 'enabled' me through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We think all the time about the redeeming power of the Atonement, but we don't always think about the enabling power. Elder David A. Bednar explains it so great is his talk, "The Atonement and the Journey of Life" that our mission has been studying. It's really beginning to change me as a missionary! And to not pray that my circumstances will be changed, but that i will be strengthened to change my circumstances. I really encourage you to read it, and live it. It has a quote in there from President McKay, "The Gospel is to make bad men good, and good men better." It's not only to make bad good, but it's to strengthen all of us and make us better people! I've really felt the powers of the Atonement are being unlocked upon this work because of my living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It's all so true. The Vision of weekly baptism, Preach My Gospel Scholar, and exact obedience is real! We're living it! I love you family!

Elder Doane

No comments:

Post a Comment