LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

Sunday, November 10, 2013

November 10, 2013

Dear Family,

YES I'M SAFE, EVERTHING IS FINE HERE IN BACOLOD. The storm went by us, but it really did not touch anything here in Bacolod City, IT WAS TRULY A MIRACLE. Some of the brethren at church said it didn't make sense how the scary part of the storm didn't hit our city, it literally just didn't. I know it's because of the prayers of the faithful, and thank you so much for all of your prayers family and friends, so many people were blessed because of your faithfulness.

**********                     **********                            **********
So much to say so little time. This last week we stayed inside for a few days because of the typhoon, we weren't affected that much but we were kept in to be safe. It gave me lots of time to get caught up on some records and our area book it was really nice. Sister Jifany Cordero was baptized as well! Her 2 older sisters were baptized 2 weeks ago, and they were the speakers at her baptism, it was so great the messages they shared. We also got to go around saturday and help people who had things break on their houses and what not, it was a great opportunity to go about doing good. There was not damage in our area, most of it is up north towards cadiz city, but the missionaries are all okay over there. That's actually where i came from in my last area. We also had Mission Leadership Council, and Elder Peralta and I gave a training on the converting power of the Book of Mormon. I wish you could have attended family, because that training was not from Elder Peralta and I, I know it was from God. Even I myself was amazed at the things Heavenly Father revealed to us when we were spending the time studying, preparing and praying. I actually had a different message prepared to share with you all, but I'LL SHARE THE ONE ABOUT THE CONVERTING POWER OF THE BOOK OF MORMON INSTEAD.

You know, we know a lot of things as human beings. We know the sky is blue, we know macaroni and cheese tastes good, we know concrete is hard, we know flowers smell good, etc. But how did we come to know these things? Of course the answer is, through our senses. We saw the sky, we tasted the macaroni, we touched the concrete, we smelled the flowers, etc. But how did we come to know the Book of Mormon was true?... Through the power of the Holy Ghost. As members of this church, we are blessed with the opportunity to have the 6th sense, the right to have the Holy Ghost with us as long as we are worthy. Through that sense, we can come to know the truth of all things (Mor. 10:5). This is step 1 in coming to know the converting power of the Book of Mormon, we need to read, ponder, and pray to know through the power of the Holy Ghost that the Book of Mormon is true.

And when we come to know that Book is true, what is it really that we're coming to know? Is is just the fact that the book is true? That Joseph Smith is a true prophet? That this church is true? The answer is yes, of course, to all those, but the main thing that we're coming to know is, that He lives. Jesus Christ is our Savior, and He lives and guides His church in these latter days through a living prophet. That's why step 2 is, coming to know Jesus Christ through the Book of Mormon. So many times i saw myself focusing on Joseph Smith when i taught the Book of Mormon to others, focusing on them coming to know that He was a prophet. But i forgot, and the Lord reminded me again, that the Book of Mormon is centered on the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and one will come to know Him and His teachings by reading pondering and praying about that Book. It truly is another testament of Jesus Christ.

And as we come to know Jesus Christ, we literally draw nearer to God. As we begin to understand and live the principles inside that Book, we will begin to draw near to Him and literally become like Him. Think about Lehi's dream, there was no one who made it to the tree of life, except they grabbed onto and clung to the rod of iron. As Elder Peralta and I gave this training, i just bore my testimony to my fellow servants, and told them, 'Elders and Sisters, I know, that Jesus Christ lives. And I came to know that, through the Book of Mormon. I testify that this Book is true, and through it, the Lord changed me.' Family i bear my testimony that the Book of Mormon is true. It is literal evidence that Jesus Christ lives, and that God is our loving Heavenly Father. The Lord really did change my through that Book, and continues to change me even until this very moment. Everywhere Elder Peralta and I go, we have a Book of Mormon in our hands, testifying that Jesus Christ lives. WE NEED TO COME TO LOVE THIS BOOK! MAKE IT OUR BEST FRIEND! BECAUSE IF WE DO, WE WILL MAKE IT TO THE TREE OF LIFE, AND PARTAKE OF THE FRUIT OF ETERNAL LIFE, GOD'S GREATEST GIFT. I love you so much family, i will never forget seeing that picture of all of you at the temple together, that is forever engraved in my mind and heart.

Elder Doane

No comments:

Post a Comment