LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

Sunday, January 12, 2014

January 12, 2014

Dearest Family,

Thanks for all the emails! Sounds like you're all excited to see some football here in the future, that's great. Yes President Lopez was actually the reason why I got the desire to play, he really made me realize the blessings the Lord's given me and how I haven't been using it to the best of it's ability. That's fine about telling people i don't mind! Thanks for the email of Coach Tidwell, i will contact him soon here about what i need to do. I hope i won't have to come home a transfer early. I'm okay on money dad no worries, sorry i just had to spend some to get some things i needed like pants and what not. So good to hear that you're all doing well! Especially with you mom and dad sharing the Gospel! And Demi as well! The temple is such a great opportunity to share the Gospel, so great! I also emailed Sister Angela from BYU about registration, she'll be helping me out. Thanks so much for the help and support!

Well the work in Bacolod 3rd Ward is just on fire, we have baptisms lined up through March, and the Lord is really providing people to us as we continue to stay humble. He really taught Elder Sablan and I a big lesson of prioritizing things this last weekend, and we learned a lot from it. I've just grown so close to this ward as i've been here for 6 months, love the members and especially all the converts here. We had a meeting with President today, and i'll be transferring out to Sipalay Zone, Cauayan Branch! It's the farthest area in the mission from Bacolod, out by the beaches and stuff. I won't be serving as an assistant anymore, but i just told President thank you so much for the opportunity to serve so close to him, he has truly influenced my life in an eternal way. He said he has a special assignment for me out there to sustain the work, and bring back unity into the ward members and leaders, and i know the best way to do that is through baptizing! I have big goals and visions for this area, and i'm so excited to work. I know I need to approach this humbly and prayerfully, and I really pray that the Lord will work through us over there in Cauayan. I'll be heading out there Wednesday, so i'm way excited! I won't be able to see Sister Judd, but I told the Elders to say hi for me :) I'm sure i'll see her before I head out!

Being this far in my mission, i've gone through so many things, different experiences and trials that have stretched me, and it's just a miracle coming this far. I remember Nephi in the 1st chapter of the Book of Mormon says, 'I will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen.' I truly testify to this. Throughout my mission i've made so many mistakes, and i know i'm not the most skilled missionary in the world, but through His infinite mercy He hath seen it fit to snatch me from an everlasting hell, and to use me as His instrument in bringing about this great work in these last days. It's so amazing to be a part of the Lord 'setting his hand a second time' in gathering His sheep and bringing them into the fold. Whenever I read Moroni 7:33, it just pushes me and tells me, I can do anything. And I know it's true through experience. So this upcoming week, when i come to Cauayan, I know I can achieve Our Vision in that area, through my faith in Jesus Christ. My companion will play a key role in that as well, I know i have so much to learn from him! My companions are the only reason i've had success in my mission, and I know each and every one of them were prepared by the Lord for me to be able to work with them. Family just always remember that through faith in Jesus Christ, we can do anything. We need not doubt our potential, as long as something persuades us to do good, we should go for it, petal to the metal. I know this work is God's work! And He qualifies whom He calls. I love you all!

Elder Doane

No comments:

Post a Comment