LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

April 27, 2014

Dear Family,

What a wonderful week, it went by so fast as we were so busy busy busy teaching and finding! Thanks so much for all your emails. Drake, great job with the 3.85!!! That's so great buddy, hope you can send pictures of the awards program. Demi sounds busy too. Sure Davis is doing well and busy as BYUI! That's way great. I wonder if you will all think I'm skinny too, probably not.. my face is the only thing that has lost a lot of weight. I'm okay as of now, haven't gotten the package yet, but we will be going to Bacolod this thursday so we will probably grab it then. Elder Barangay and I were invited to the Mission Leadership Council this Thursday! A general authority will be attending as well, how exciting! It's such a blessing, all the other former assistants will be attending as well, I'm so excited to see Elder Peralta and all them.

Elder Barangay is so humble. He keeps expressing to me his desire to change, and become a greater missionary. It's such a blessing to me, because he's letting me share everything I've experienced and learned in the mission. while at the same time he's teaching me things he's learned. That's the wonderful thing about this Gospel, we can all learn new things and insights and share them one with another, before my mission I used to think that was lame, or those kinds of things were just 'stu' (remember mom?), but I have repented for those mistakes I made, and have been born again through the Atonement.

Sister Albesa, one of our recent converts here, is so strong in her faith in Jesus Christ. Of course in every ward or branch you will see problems, conflicts between members, members being offended, pride issues and all of the above, but Sister Albesa chooses to ignore all those things. Even though their family is persecuted every day in the small village they live in, she continues to study her Book of Mormon every single day, and to do all she can to make it to church just to partake the sacred emblems of the sacrament. She told us last week, "I tried my best to save up money throughout the whole week, but we just didn't have enough for our food. So I just went out all day saturday, searching for money so I could have fare to make it to church. I really need to partake of the sacrament." 

Sister Albesa is such a good example of keeping our baptismal covenants, always obeying His commandments and standing as a witness of God at all times and all places. Her sister in law who is supporting her child for college told Sister Albesa's daughter, "The moment you transfer religions I will stop supporting you for college, you can find your own way to pay." But Sister Albesa said to her daughter, "It's okay, if the Holy Ghost tells you that you need to join this church, you need to follow that prompting. Don't worry about your aunt.. your dad and I can find a way to support you for your college if the Lord wills it."

It reminds me of the scripture in Alma 36:3, where the Lord promises us that if we trust Him, we shall be lifted up at the last day above all our enemies, they shall lick the dust off of our feet.

May we always remember, we come to church, we read our scriptures, we pray every day, we pay our tithing, we serve our fellow neighbor, we preach the Gospel, we do everything in our power for one and only one purpose; to please our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We may be tempted to be offended, or to raise contention with our neighbors, but I am convinced that if we will always remember our covenants we have made with our Heavenly Father through the sacred ordinances of His Gospel, we will be able to withstand these mighty winds of the adversary in these last days. "Come unto Christ and be perfected in Him" (Moroni 10:32), it's all we need to do! I know this is the key to truly obtaining peace in this life and eternal life in the life to come. Just like Sister Albesa, let's forget about everything else negative, and just focus on the true Doctrine of Christ, a doctrine of hope, happiness, and love! Just like Alma described it in Mosiah 18:21. I love you family! I'm so excited to apply all these things when we come together again in 1 month! 

Elder Doane

No comments:

Post a Comment