LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

Sunday, May 4, 2014

May 4, 2014

Dear Family!
Thank you so much for all the emails! I was so uplifted and edified to know that you are all doing well. I can't believe Drake bore his testimony! I'm so happy for him. Good job Drakey! Next week I will be able to skype! I was thinking the same thing so it would be more exciting for us to see each other, we could just talk without using the video screen! Haha, we'll see. Sorry I've withdrawn money, we had to go to Manila to work out some immigration things. I will be picking up my suit today, so I will have to withdraw again.

This last week just flew by! It was so fast, but I learned so much. Elder Ardern of the Seventy attended our Mission Leadership Council, and my companion and I were interviewed by him as a regular proselyting companionship! He said he was there to learn from our mission, what we were doing that could possibly help other missions in the philippines areas, because of how well Bacolod is excelling. It was such a sacred opportunity to get to talk one on one with a general authority, he is so humble! I also felt the Spirit so strong as he bore his testimony to us as a witness of the Savior, so great.
I don't have much time family, but I feel to invite you to read 2 Nephi 2:14, and to study what it means to 'act' or to 'be acted upon'. In many situations that we are put on, the natural man will just be acted upon, like a door. It needs someone to open it, or it will not move, it adjusts to its surroundings. But we, as sons and daughters of God, were created to act. We were created to be agents to 'be anxiously engaged in a good cause', and to go about doing much good, but sometimes we forget this! Think about in Mosiah 13, .."in six days the Lord created the heavens and the earth.." if the Lord can create the entire universe and many more universes in 6 days, can't we create many marvelous things with the time He's given us to be here on earth? We need to act! I know that as we do so the Lord will bless us with a greater love for our neighbor and for our Father in Heaven, and we will become more like our Savior. I know it because I'm experiencing it! I love you so much family, I can't wait to see you! Please remember, I'm skyping you as a full time representative of the Lord Jesus Christ, not just as your son or sibling. We'll see you next week! I love you!
Elder Doane

No comments:

Post a Comment