LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

Sunday, May 25, 2014

May 25, 2014

Dear Family,

Thank you for the emails! Everything looks good, I will get the money out to have in the airport. Excited to see you thursday! If you could read that email I sent you dad I would appreciate it, it's really important to me!

The Spirit of the Lord was so evident in our work last week. There were so many miracles, I don't know where to begin family! I'm sure I'll have lots of time to tell you when I get home, so I'll save most the stories for that. I just want to bear you my testimony family, that I know the Book of Mormon is true. Because of that knowledge, I came on a mission. Because of that knowledge, I've hiked numerous mountains, through dangers sugar cane fields at night time, taught people whom I don't know, nor their culture/language, I've even eaten and came to love their food! Because of that knowledge, I have come to gain a deeper understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, His beautiful Atonement, wherein I have literally been 'born again'.
Because of that knowledge, I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true, and the Lord's kingdom here on the earth in these latter-days. It all weighs down on the Book of Mormon. I am so grateful for Heavenly Father answering my question to Him, and for helping me gain my own personal testimony that this book is true. That small answer to my prayer has brought so many fruits, just like Joseph Smith's first prayer in the sacred grove. We can all have our own sacred grove experience, we just need to meet the qualifications described in Moroni 10:3-5.

I know as we base our lives around the Book of Mormon we will be able to not only live but embrace the Gospel of Jesus Christ! It is the true secret to happiness and peace here on earth, and eternal life in the world to come. I'm so excited to see you family, and hope with all my heart that we will see the fruits of the Gospel in our own home. I love you. See you soon!

Elder Doane

No comments:

Post a Comment