LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

Sunday, February 2, 2014

February 2, 2014

Family!

Thank you so much for all your emails! They were so uplifting and I am so happy that you're all doing well. Sorry Demi's sick! Dad that's so awesome I come home on your birthday!!! We'll for sure have to go eat some good food. Hopefully some american food, haven't had that in a while. Glad Dave's doing so well, Uncle Charlie is so awesome, such a Christlike man. He's gonna be a general authority soon. Well i'm just so happy to hear all is well, it's so comforting each week to hear those uplifting emails from you all. 

Last week was the most miraculous week i've ever had in my life, I really do testify that through sacrifice, the Lord will forgive us for our sins and qualify us for His work. I really had to humble myself and seek His guidance in what He would have me do, and He did guide me as I humbled myself. Elder Perez and I told each other we would make Cauayan a model area for other areas, 'A city that is set on a hill can not be hid', just like the Savior commanded His disciples in the Americas. Even though we're just a regular companionship, no leadership assignments, we believed with our whole hearts we can become a model for other missionaries, to inspire them and push them to reach their full potential. The only way to do that, is through our key indicators.

Last week we taught 60 lessons with a member, and 4 others. The Lord also provided 8 of His children at sacrament on Sunday, and now we have 8 investigators with a baptismal date! We also found 38 new investigators. Family, i don't say this to boast in my strength, but i tell you these things to testify to you that this is the Lord's work! He will qualify us if we soften our hearts and submit to His will. Chapter 6 of Preach My Gospel has become the basis of my mission, of my life. Through studying and applying Christlike Attributes, I can feel my understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ growing, and I can see myself changing each day. My faith has grown, and is growing so much in the Savior as I seek to increase my key indicators each week. I'm so thankful for President Lopez being so worthy for his call, in really guiding me as a missionary to reach my full potential here in the mission. I know when i come home, I will have no regrets!!!

Sacrifice is and always has been a part of obedience. Back in the ancient times we always heard of the finest of the sheep being sacrificed, and all kinds of other animals being sacrificed to show thanks to the Lord or as a symbol of repentance. But when the Lord fulfilled the Law of Moses through His Atonement, He taught us in 3 Nephi 9 that "ye shall offer for a sacrifice unto me a broken heart and a contrite spirit. And whoso cometh unto me with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, him will I baptize with fire and with the Holy Ghost.." We need to be willing to sacrifice our pride, and if we do so, He will baptize us with fire, and literally make us a new person through His Atonement. What I love most about this process, is that it's not a one time thing, but it is an everlasting cycle that we will constantly go throughout our lives if we submit ourselves to His will. That's why His Atonement is 'an infinite Atonement', because we are an infinitely sinning people. But because of His charity and love that He showed for all of us, He provided a way for us, imperfect beings, to become perfect through His grace. Then at the last day, we will be able to stand blameless before the Father.

I know this church is the only true and living church upon this earth. I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is our only way back to the Father's presence, and His Gospel is the key to unlock those sacred enabling and redeeming powers of that Atonement. If we live His Gospel, and receive the ordinances thereof, we will be able to be with our families forever, in His presence. Always read  your Book of Mormon,and say your personal and family prayers, that is the sacred way the Lord has given us to build a literal relationship with Him!

I love you family!

Elder Doane

No comments:

Post a Comment