LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

Sunday, February 9, 2014

February 9, 2014

Dear Family,

Thanks so much for all of your emails. Those stories about Drake just crack me up! I'm excited as well to get to spend time with him. Sounds like the family is all doing so well, I'm so happy. The Lord really blesses us according to our sacrifices. I don't need anything, I'm just going to buy some new shoes today because the ones i bought in November are already worn out! Haha, hopefully I can find some sturdy ones, I'm sure they'll have some.

This last week was another testimony that through our sacrifices the Lord will bless us. Elder Perez and I are living up to the expectations of our callings as representatives of Jesus Christ. Like it says in Luke 14:33, we can not call ourselves disciples unless we are willing to give up everything. We had high goals last week, and even though we had some training from our zone leaders, and a branch activity friday night, we improved yet again in our key indicators. We had 12 investigators at sacrament meeting! The first 2 weeks we had about 3, but I know the Lord is teaching me that I can not do His work unless I'm willing to abide with Him and His will through sacrifice. We have our first baptism together, this saturday, on DEMI'S BIRTHDAY! Feb 15th! His name is Mark Decena, he's 15 years old. So excited!

That family i told you about last week, the Lauzon Family, are doing so well. We've been really focusing on sister Lauzon, who is the wife of a less active member, and helping her have a spiritual experience with the Book of Mormon. Then on Saturday, while we were teaching her, she expressed something to us.

She kept sharing that she prayed, and she felt alright, but was still doubting about Joseph Smith being a prophet and what not. Being a catholic, these things were very new to her. But there was just something in her face that was telling Elder Perez and I differently. Once Sister expressed those things again, my companion said to her, "Sister, we believe in the gifts of the Spirit. And the Spirit is convincing me that last night you prayed, and you felt something for sure testify to you that these things are true. And right now it's scaring you, because you've grown up all your life in the catholic church, you're scared of what your family might say, and the people around here. But you know within your heart, that what we're teaching you is true."

I was sitting there praying for him and sister, that hopefully she would be touched about the experience. And I asked her, "sister what do you feel about what we've said to you right now?" She responded, "Naigo gd ko..kay tuod gd na sya ang nyo gnhambal.. Nabatyagan ko gd sya, kag... kblo na ko nga matuod ni sya." in english "I'm was very touched, because it's true what you said,.. i really felt it.... and I know these things are true."

If we want to do the Lord's work, we need to purify ourselves first, and then the Lord can use us as His instrument. We have to tune ourselves to His tune, so that He can play His sweet music through us. This testified to me family that the Lord will work through us, His imperfect servants, as long as we are bringing forth a broken heart and contrite spirit to Him, cleansing ourselves. The whole Lauzon Family came to church on Sunday, including Brother who's been less active for 10 years. They will be baptized on March 22nd :)

I know this work is true! It's the Lord's work. Others will stand in awe and their jaws will drop as they witness this marvelous work and a wonder that the Lord is bringing forth in these latter days. Cauayan is and will continue to be a light unto all other areas, as long as we stay faithful to our covenants we made with Him. That can be the same for all of our homes! We can make them a light and a city set upon a hill for all others, so they can see our good works and glorify our Father in Heaven. May we do so with a willing heart! I promise, this is true happiness! I love you family! :)

Elder Doane

No comments:

Post a Comment