LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

Sunday, February 23, 2014

February 23, 2014

Dear Family!
Thank you for your emails! I'm so happy to know you're all okay and happy! I'm doing great! I don't need anything, I was able to find some shoes last week which was a miracle. So no worries at all!

Our area is becoming Zion! Every time we sing hymn 44 we replace the work Zion with Cauayan (Kuh-WHY-an). It's our theme song! Our area really is becoming a model for all other missionaries, and we're just a regular companionship out in the middle of nowhere! I just really testify that the Lord will qualify to do His work, wherever we are, no matter what has happened in the past. We should not be like Lot's wife, and look back, but we should be like the prophets of old, looking forward to the day of their redemption when the Savior should come to save His people.
Elder Perez is just such a blessing to me. He knows how to let the Spirit just take him over, and speak for him. The Gifts of the Spirit are so manifest in our work, and I love being his companion! He's also a very talented singer and sketcher, and he uses it to his best ability in teaching and helping others feel the Spirit. I feel so blessed! We aren't the same person, we have different likes, but we are true brothers through the work, the work brings us so close together, I love him!
The Lauzon family is doing so well! They've came to church 3 times in a row now, and they'll be baptized March 22. Their kids just love church, and the Book of Mormon. Their dad will be receiving a calling here soon as well, our new branch president is on the ball! His name is President Tolentino, he's gone through so much in his life, and he's truly a disciple of Christ who follows the small whisperings of the Spirit.
A lot of missionaries would ask, "How do I find new investigators?" "How do i teach effectively?" "How do I baptize?" I've gotten that question so many times on exchanges, and my response to them is always, "Well Elder I'm not a very skilled missionary, I don't know Preach My Gospel back to back, I didn't memorize the whole Book of Mormon.. but I know how to obey the Lord. Start with exact obedience, and the Lord will teach you how to do everything else." Obedience has become the foundation of my life. When I obey, I have hope and confidence that the Lord will guide me throughout the day, that He will introduce me to His children that are waiting for the Gospel, that He will teach me how to teach effectively, and how to baptize, even every week. I say nothing to boast of myself, but I say all these things to boast of our loving Heavenly Father. If we are ever in doubt, or questioning 'How do I do this?" Just obey. Then the Holy Ghost will come upon us and guide us to paths of success, just like Nephi when he went back to Jerusalem for the plates. Sometimes we're going to have to do things that we're not used to, like when Nephi slayed Laban, but I know He will guide us and comfort us as long as we are seeking for His glory! May the work press forward!! I love you all!

Elder Doane

No comments:

Post a Comment