LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

LOVIN' IT IN BACOLOD!

Sunday, March 16, 2014

March 16, 2014

Dearest Family!

Thank you so much for all the emails! Everything sounds like it's going so well back home. Spring break sounded great for the kids. They're growing up so fast it's crazy! I'm all set for summer registration, i'm emailing back and forth figuring things out with Trevor Wilson, he's such a great help. I'm signed up for a nutrition class and he suggested an easy religion class, like Marriage something, i'm excited! :) I can't think of anything for their morp outside idea? But I'm sure it will be a blast for Drake.

Last week was such a blessing to me, missionary work is the most inconvenient, most difficult, yet most rewarding work in the world. That's really why i love it, because it's so inconvenient! You know, it's really inconvenient to leave your family for 2 years, or to open your mouth and invite people to listen to missionaries, or to get up off the couch and help someone move into their new house, or to go visit those who are struggling in our quoroms, or a family that did not attend church one week.. it's all so inconvenient for our busy lives! But the most inconvenient things will bring the most effective results in the end. I'm so grateful for President Lopez and his faith in the Lord, he's taught me so many things just through his example. It was so good to see him again in our zone conference last week, he's just such a powerful servant of the Lord. In our zone conference I received many answers to my questions, and the Lord taught me what more I need to do to improve myself. At times it's easy to feel we're at a plateu, but that's when things get dangerous and we need to move. I realize that last week, and He really revealed some things to me that I need to do to keep moving upward!
Sister Barcelona's Baptism with Elder Doane and Elder Perez!!!

Last week Sister Barcelona was baptized! She was a former investigator a long time ago, but just did not want to listen, but lately she's fell in love with the Book of Mormon, and she is so strong, it's a miracle. In their place there are so many persecutions that come her way, because she's a Mormon now, but she says she doesn't care, and she just keeps inviting them to come with her to church and read the Book of Mormon.
The Lauzone Families Baptism with Elder Doane and Elder Perez!!!

Also last week was the Lauzon Family's baptism! It was supposed to be next week but with some scheduling conflicts it was moved to last week. Such a miracle. Brother was less active back then, but now he's back preparing for a calling, and he baptized his wife, and 3 kids on Saturday. I can't tell you of the Spirit i felt last week, I know all of these successes is only through the Atonement and our repentance.


The way I feel like I'm living in my mission right now can be explained in Alma 57: 19-26.. obeying with exactness. I'm not a perfect missionary, but I affirm my exact obedience by getting up every day by 6:30. Every day we leave the apartment, we fight desperately, relying wholly on the tender mercies of the Lord to give us success in the work.. and according to our faith, we can work miracles. I know if we fight every day, desperately, we can work miracles in our lives and the lives of others. If miracles have ceased, it is because of our own disbelief! But I know we will continue to walk in the light of the Lord's love if we obey. That is the foundation of my mission, and the rest of my life. I really don't know what the future will be like coming back in 2 months, but that doesn't matter, because I know I will obey, and the Lord will lead my for my good. That promise goes for all of us family! And it starts with the small things. I love you all so much, and pray that we will continue to seek to obey in all things. We always find an excuse to obey God's commandments.

Elder Doane




No comments:

Post a Comment